Car accidents are both physically and emotionally traumatic. If you are in a motor vehicle collision, you will likely have many questions. In my over 15 years of experience helping injured motorists, clients routinely ask several questions:

  • How much is my case worth? There are a number of factors that impact the value of a personal injury case. The type and severity of your injuries, the impact on your daily life, missed wages, your medical bills, future medical treatment, and diminished earning capacity are all important to determine the value of your case.

  • Should I just accept the insurance company’s offer? In a word: no. Insurance companies will often press for a quick settlement. But it is crucial that you not settle until you at least know the full extent of your injuries and hopefully complete treatment. There is no need to accept a quick settlement before calling an experienced attorney.

  • Why should I hire an attorney? Car accident cases can be complex and the aftermath of an accident can be overwhelming. I help ease the burden of dealing with the car insurance company, help coordinate payment of medical bills, negotiate subrogation payments, and of course, help maximize your recovery.

  • How does a contingency fee payment work? I handle all personal injury and car accident cases on a contingency fee basis. That means you do not have to pay me out of your pocket while the case is pending. The client is responsible for costs, such as the costs to obtain medical records, but I do not get paid unless and until there is a settlement or verdict.

  • The other driver did not have insurance. What now? A driver without insurance is known as an uninsured motorist (UM). A driver without enough coverage to fully compensate you is known as an underinsured motorist UIM). You may have UM/UIM coverage on your own car insurance policy. If you recover from your own insurance company through your UM or UIM coverage, Ohio law prohibits your carrier from raising your rates if your injuries were caused by the negligence of another driver.

  • Why call McCarthy Law Office? I have helped many Cincinnati area drivers recover for injuries caused by others. I will give your case personal attention and will keep you informed and updated throughout the case. You won’t pay me anything unless you win or settle. If you are injured in a car accident in Cincinnati, including the Westside, downtown, or anywhere in Hamilton County, please call my office at 513-815-7006 to arrange a free, no obligation consultation.