Dan helps people solve their problems. He focuses his practice on the legal needs of individuals, families, and small businesses. Dan’s practice areas include land use/eminent domain/zoning, wills and trusts, business law, nonprofit corporations, fraternal law, and personal injury.
Dan has long envisioned starting his own business and law practice. Following his entrepreneurial ambitions, Dan founded McCarthy Law Office on January 1, 2015.
Prior to founding McCarthy Law Office, Dan was a partner and worked for over ten years at a prestigious small Cincinnati law firm, where he gained invaluable experience representing individuals, municipalities, nonprofit and fraternal organizations. He also clerked for a judge on the Missouri Court of Appeals in St. Louis for two years after graduating law school.
Dan works with his clients to find sensible solutions to their legal needs. He has represented clients in informal settlement discussions, mediations, trial courts, appellate courts, and before administrative bodies.
SuperLawyers magazine has recognized Dan as a Rising Star in both 2014 and 2015. Dan has presented multiple times at the national Fraternal Law Conference, he spoke at the 2013 Advanced Eminent Domain and Valuation seminar, and at the 2014 Litigating Disputes Over Easements and Restrictive Covenants seminar.
Outside of the office, Dan is an avid runner, having completed multiple marathons with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training Program. He also still plays soccer occasionally but spends more time on the sideline coaching his kids’ soccer teams.
You can learn more about Dan’s education and experience on LinkedIn.
Admissions and Licensure
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Supreme Court of Illinois (inactive)
- Supreme Court of Missouri
- Has been admitted for specific cases pro hac vice in Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Tennessee
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Local Government Committee, Cincinnati Bar Association, Vice President 2014-present
- Volunteer, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training
- Volunteer youth soccer coach at Our Lady of Visitation
- 2008 Endorsed Candidate for Ohio Senate
- Fellow, Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL) Class XVI
- 2002, Juris Doctoris, Saint Louis University School of Law
- 1999, B.A., University of Missouri-Columbia